A hugely entertaining biography of one of the founders of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, and the writer and star of the world’s 21st funniest film ever (according to the AFI), A Fish Called Wanda.
Tracing the development of one of the world’s unique comic talents from English middle class suburbia to the world’s screens and stages, this is the story of how John Cleese went from being a lanky Cambridge student to international sex symbol. Here is the story of how Cleese went from being the Python continuity announcer intoning arguably the Python’s greatest catchphrase, ‘and now for something completely different’ to perfecting the truly silliest walks seen in any ministry, or at any English seaside hotels.
This witty, engaging celebration of the many and different comic sides of John Cleese offers a personal overview of the career of one of the world’s most unlikely funniest performers and writer.
Why sign up?
- Get a subscriber only discount when preorder begins
- Get a name printed in the book
- Get priority on the preorder and be the first to get John Cleese: And Now for Something Completely Different (Ebook)
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
- Who are Rocket 88 Books?
- Rocket 88 publishes interesting and special books. See here for some of them, or follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Will I be able to get the book anywhere else?
- Not at the moment, it may be available to order from book retailers after publication but it will always be available at the lowest price from Rocket 88. You will not see it discounted on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
- How else can I keep up with news about the book?
- Follow us! We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Where do you ship to?
- We have warehouses in the USA, the UK and the EU and ship to most countries around the world.
- This page has not answered my question. Now what?
- Please contact us.